Sunday, July 16, 2006

i am really, really sweaty.

and really, really tired, but totally happy. the art festival was rad, i bought a very cool present for my mom, i'm pretty sure i saw lidia bastianich, had a lemon ice, went to a barbeque that had a lot of nice kids, saw an awesome show, and bought a new lip stain. it was a million degrees outside, and did i mention i got kind of sweaty? no matter how hot it is, no matter how much weight i lose in water, i simply cannot wear a skirt without a slip. hello, OCD. the slips, they are usually made of synthetic fibers, which never, ever, in a million years breathe. i can actually feel the salt crystals on my skin. grossed out yet? think about how i feel. i'm going to have to rinse off before bed.

also, dear little jack lawrence,

you are so ridiculously adorable. i met you once at a blanche show and i was drunk on dirty martinis and i think i scared you a little, but you should know i was there tonight to see you just as much as i was there to see jack white. my roommate, she is also a little jack convert. we really wanted to take you home with us. not in a weird, misery sort of way, but more in a "let us feed you cookies and give you the remote to the tv."

okay, now i have rinse and hit the hay. sleep! whooo!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you see this? http://biz.yahoo.com/special/besttowns06.html

Anne said...

I'm going to listen to some Blanche, now. PS, I love the lip stain! I'm going to have to scout out PDX for a chance to try some on.

Anonymous said...

Here you go: www.herroom.com

Cotton slips! Back when I used to wear slips I would search high and low for cotton ones. Now I just make sure the skirt I am buying is lined.... I guess I am not as much a lady as you. Glad you had a good time on your day off.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you went out and had a fabulous time and screw the stupid last minute store meeting on your day off. Growl.

And I can so totally relate. It's been hotter than Hades around here and today I'm wearing my cute pink cotton dress, but it must be worn with a slip. And all I've got is a lame-o synthetic one and it feels yucky. Thankfully we have a/c in the office.

Anonymous said...

After spotting Geneane Garofalo once I got laid by an out-of-towner during SXSW. Sadly, those days are finito.