Saturday, July 22, 2006

now i'm not sure if it's kray-ken or crack-en

but it was glorious and wonderful and mildly retarded and over-the-top. i'll admit i didn't much care for the first pirates movie, and didn't even finish watching it (i used to feel guilty when i ended a movie early, now i feel like it's my time and i don't want to waste it on crap!), but this one was fun*. big, dumb, fun.

i also went out with the roommates and had beers and pizza. i have learned that i can have a beer or two on the medication, but that being on it again has made my tolerance like that of a three year old. i used to get my drunk on when i was last on it, but it takes a while to get used to all the side effects and to be honest, even though i feel better i don't feel great. there's a difference. i take enough of the meds to help keep the never-ending panic at bay, but not enough of it to dull my senses completely. i'm still getting used to the new chemistry, and i don't want to push it.

i have also decided that if you hear the jackson 5 and don't melt just a little when you hear the beautiful voice of young michael, then you are dead inside. don't argue with me about this, i know i'm right.

*the nerd in me, though, was upset with how anatomically incorrect the kraken was. or rather, how not like a humboldt it was. my nerd sides were arguing with each other the whole time; happy about tentacle goodness, and at the same time thinking about how the beak was all wrong. dork!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You should be GLAD your drinkie costs less? Oooh. I don't know. Get out of that state.

roo dog has begun his manly training regime to become the next Thierry Henry. Oooo.

roodog

Anne said...

We saw the pirates movie last night, too! We liked it and were surprised by the special effects. OOh! I have to go, there's an elbow in my kidney!

dm said...

Dude, I watched it tonight and when that part came on I totally leaned over to the lady I was watching it with and was like, "I've totally had that conversation!". I've always fallen on the "crack-en" side of the debate. the whole thing was gloriously fun and fast and dumb.