Wednesday, July 12, 2006

happy pink feet

wearing a uniform to work every day is both very cool and very sucky. cool because i never have to think, "what am i going to have to wear today?" and sucky because sometimes it's "damn, that stupid polo again." under my uniform i try to wear fun socks. knowing that under my god-awful khakis are bright pink argyles makes me happy on the inside, if not on the outside. the other day J caught sight of one of my socks and said, "um, you know you have nothing red on, right?" i said, "my socks are red!" he replied, "yeah, but nothing else." yes, i know. i pointed out how cool it was that my socks were red, and he shook his head at me. i should buy him some purple socks so he can feel the coolness for himself. after all, i did turn him on to crunk and gnarls barkley.

i have tomorrow off, i work friday, then i get two more days off. i was trying to get someone to switch a shift with me so i could have three days off in a row, but no one could do it. working just one day is easy, though, so i'm not exactly complaining. i'm hoping to get some knitting done tomorrow, get a professional to fix my bangs (i look like either dumb or dumber right now), and go to the post office. wild and exciting stuff, i know.

also, this weekend my parents will have been married for 30 years! crazy. you know what this means right? next year i'm thirty, too. my sister called me today to remind me, and i realized i should maybe put something in the mail for them. i'll have to work on that tomorrow.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those socks are fantastic. You are fantastic. Therefore (ergo?), you and your socks are twins!

In the absence of a work uniform requirement, I have implemented one of my own. It's basically collarless knit shirts/pants/sneakers. I don't miss wearing the same polyester smock every day for six weeks before I remembered to take it home and wash it, but I do miss never, ever having to think about what I was going to wear to work.

Anne said...

I like your socks! If you have to wear a boring uniform your accessories are the most important part of the outfit. Every catholic school girl knows that!

Anonymous said...

I love wearing 'weird' socks (they are normal to me) to work, too. This is especially fun because one of my co-workers is completely GROSSED OUT by strange socks. Seriously, he will squirm and runaway if you show him socks with something on them.

Anonymous said...

You're so nice. I'm happy to see parental relations can remain in quasi-permanence. My parents will have been divorced for 30 years in 2009. Probably why I'm terrified of relationships.

roo