Wednesday, May 14, 2008

i went to work!

i could have taken today off, since it was on the schedule and my boss was all "take all the time you need," but i didn't want to lose out on my overtime. if i didn't go in today i would have made enough on my next paycheck to cover stuff, but only because i worked the overtime. this way i will actually have extra on my next paycheck, and who doesn't love that? plus it's hard to wallow in sad when i'm stocking cheese and goofing off with my co-workers. i had a million things i had to to today as well, since i'll be out tomorrow at a class. i got a lot done, i'm pretty sure i figured out my living situation, and i got to nibble on spinach dip. good times.

staying in anacortes would be ideal, we all know i love this town, but economically speaking it's not real feasible. i know of one person who's looking for a place in this area as well, but he's got a dog and i've got a crush on him*, so no go. i'm moving in with a cute couple i work with, which might be totally disastrous, at the same time i think it will be okay. we might work together a lot, but i'll have my own room and now i even have my own tv, which means i'm not too worried. the best thing about their house is that they pay month to month anyhow, so we're not locked into some big lease.

while ed taking the big clock isn't that big a deal (ha ha! punny!), i find myself looking over to where it used to be all the time. ooh, he screwed me. i'm going to paint a little picture of a clock and hang it up there, because then at least i'll laugh when i see the blank spot. when i think about him i make a list of the things i won't miss about him and add songs to my break-up mix. on the whole, though, aside from the not knowing how i'll pay my rent next month i feel super relieved. i'm also loving the alone time. damn i missed having a few hours alone.

*this boy, he is showing up everywhere. i need to tell him to stop being cute and funny! he even cut all his hair off and he looks sort of angry and mean, but still hot. ooh, i hate him. and by "hate," i mean, "want to rip his clothes off."

No comments: