Friday, May 09, 2008

oh my goodness

so that tax benefit refund thing actually came through. i wasn't counting on it, but i checked my bank account this morning and there it was! it's more than my actual refund, which is sad, but happy too because DAMN i could use that money. i need to pay my car insurance, set up payments on my student loans again, save up for moving, pay off my storage unit before they sell all my shit, blah blah blah. the list i have of things that need to get paid is much longer than i want to admit, and i know i can't do it all, but i have a plan. a meager one, but a plan nonetheless.

i think i pissed off the fisherman last night by insisting he leave me alone and let me sleep by myself. he's just always here, sitting and doing nothing, and i resent that he has the house to himself all day and i have it never. this past weekend he spent all his time getting drunk and mad and me and wanting to talk about what's going on with "us." um, there is no "us" so nothing. he wants to move to montana? okay! he wants to join the circus as a fire breather? rock on! all i care is that he goes somewhere and does something other than lie in the bedroom with the lights off telling me i make him feel bad about himself. fuck.

good news; baby was with her dad this week since my folks are on vacation and my sister had to work, and i got to talk to her yesterday about her trip. she's only 2 1/2, and not quite as verbal as say, tiernan, was at that age, but damn she had a lot to say. it was awesome. i hadn't talked to her in over a week, and i missed that little kid so much. she told me all about the beach and park and doggies, and i asked if she missed us and she said, "yep!" whew. i don't want her other aunties moving up to try to take my place:-) that's my baby, yo.

No comments: