Wednesday, May 07, 2008

on motion and moving

i could go on and on about all the reasons why living here with the fisherman has gotten unbearable, but no one needs to hear it. not even me. i will say, however, that i would give just about anything for a day ALONE and a room of my own. this fucking sucks in a way that is giving me an ulcer. he is always here, he has no job, no friends, no life and insists on just sitting around all day.

the bright spot about this weekend, besides not working, was my bike. yay for bikes! also, yay for map my ride; it lets me map out where i've gone, how many calories i burned, how far i went, that sort of thing. plus you can save your rides and compare and contrast and all that jazz. i love it. being out and about on the bike is awesome, but i am always curious about how far i've gone.

my pants feel looser. not loose enough to go down a size, but totally needing a belt. i don't feel like i'm riding that much, or changing that much about my diet, but i think the biking on it's own is helping out.

i also applied for low-income housing today. i figure if i'm going to get paid shit, why am i struggling to make rent? i have what feels like an insurmountable amount of debt and not paying through the nose for rent would help me out. it will take a while, and i hope i can find a place to stay in the meantime when this lease is up and while i wait, but we'll see. i doubt it will come through in time and i have a feeling i'll end up in mount vernon or burlington instead of my beloved anacortes. i really, seriously, honestly love this town. i feel at home here. leaving it will be sad but a girl's got to do what she's got to do. i think next week, after i get my tax benefit check and my paycheck and pay all my bills i might take thirty of that and spend the night out at a campground in a yurt just for some space. i need a vacation from all this.

1 comment:

Anne said...

sounds super fun! We're getting an orphaned goose today! Don't tell A.