Saturday, May 10, 2008

yay for baby!

man, i missed my niece a lot while she was on vacation with her pop. she came into the store yesterday and did a full-on run and hug when she saw me, which just thrilled me to the bone. she was all huggy and kissy and sweet and i gave her a few balloons and we took a walk through the store together. she likes to point at stuff and tell you what color it is, and count stuff, and she does this new little hop or skip thing, it's all stiff-legged and retarded looking but damn it makes her laugh. then she runs and yells "maggie running!" she talks about herself a lot in the third person, which is common for two year olds, right? i vaguely remember tiernan talking about him about that way, although he used to say "din-iin," which i loved. i sort of miss him as a little boy, but he's a lot of fun to talk to now, so this is not me complaining.

a list of things i want to do in my next apartment:
  • get a loft bed. i miss the bunk on the boat, i miss living on the boat actually a lot, but having my own bunk will be nice.
  • hang up my pictures. i haven't done that at all here because a) we were waiting for furniture and b) the fisherman doesn't like any of them.
  • set up a desk and do some little paintings again. someone on flickr found an old one of mine and was all "awesome!" and i thought, "i haven't done that in forever." it used to make me happy.
  • never shack up again!
i have used my little zen stone a bit, and i love it as much as i thought i would. it's a lot like a shuffle in that you can't see what's playing or what's next, but i kind of dig that. it's like every song is a surprise, except for the fact that i put it on there. i put very few whole albums on there, either. just a lot of songs that have sort of the same feel with a few random bits to perk it up. i've been listening to transatlantacism a LOT lately, which isn't my favorite death cab album but is the saddest, which i don't think is doing much for my outlook. it's time maybe for some liz phair, exile always me feel invincible.

No comments: