Sunday, September 10, 2006

i'm little betty homemaker

i baked two loaves of zucchini bread today! two beautiful loaves, one for home, one for the kids at work. i found the recipe over at allrecipes.com, and i have to say i really like it. it's pretty basic, but extra delicious. although instead of walnuts like they specified, i used pecans. mainly because i think walnuts can be sort of bitter but pecans are always great. that and there were no walnuts in the bulk section of the grocery store. tomorrow i'm making my mom's famous pumpkin bread. more happy homemaker photos to follow.

i've spent entirely too much time tonight trying to take a photo of myself that i like and doesn't suck. dude, my chin is fat. oh, and there's the acne to argue with too. this is a very important photo, dammit, and it has to look good enough that when i see it a few years from now i won't be too horribly embarassed. i promise to tell you all about why i'm taking this photo tomorrow.

or i guess i could just tell you know. i was approached in june by a very nice lady about contributing an embroidery pattern to a book that's coming out next year. i wasn't sure if i should do it, but after talking to my friends and family i said yes, and it turned out to be a super fun project to work on. (that and my mom is beyond stoked to see my name in print, and not in a police-blotter kind of way.) i got to make the stuff for the photos, write out the pattern, and now all that's left to do is take a half-way decent photo of myself and write a short bio. the photo part is sort of freaking me out. where's dan when i need him to make me look fabulous? when did my face get so huge? i know it's shallow, but i hate this part of the project most. writing the bio is fun, though. it's just weird knowing that after the book comes out that photo will be all the people see of me, and i don't want any of the chumps i went to high school with seeing it and snickering about how retarded i look. hello, neurosis.

also, i got so irriated with firefox the other night i uninstalled it. i lost all my links, which is a mild irritant (i use bloglines for just about everything i can, so it's not a big loss), but now i'm using internet explorer again and while it's less annoying than the present version of firefox, i hate it too. i need an internet browser that doesn't suck. suggestions?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Surely Dan took a photo of you when you were here that you can use? Or how about the one of you flanked by Texas DPS officers? That's probably my favorite.

Also, this is very exciting.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the project! Sounds exciting! Your bread looks good.

dm said...

yeah, yeah, the book thing is exciting but I'm really pumped about the pumpkin bread!

Ashley said...

Dunno if this would help, but I'm happy to come by and take a bunch of pix -- my theory being that if you take enough photos you'll get at least one that you like. I'm not a pro, but I've done engagement photos for friends and they've turned out ok. Also, I have this can of weird asian fruit that Amanda1 at SnB said tastes really good but is super stinky, and I'm looking for someone brave enough to try it with me :)

Ashley from SnB

Anonymous said...

congratulations on the book! any chance you want to share that famous pumpkin bread recipe? pumpkin bread is my favorite.