Monday, September 11, 2006

sometimes i just want to be a housewife

or maybe days like today where all i do is cook and clean and knit are just proof that i was a housewife in another life. most of the time i'm pretty happy with my haphazard spinster life, but days like today when i get to do fun domestic stuff all day make the whole happy homemaker thing pretty damn appealing.

that is a macro view of my mom's famous pumpkin bread recipe. i would post the recipe here, but it's top secret. if i were to post it on the internets where just anyone could find it, my mom would have an aneurysm. therefore, if you want it, you have to email me. i'll send it to you, but if you tell my mom about it you will be dead to me.
look! i did indeed finish the first sleeve of my sweater. i would have been done with it, oh, about a week ago if i hadn't made such an amateur mistake the first go-round. i was almost done with it last night, but i admit i got tired early and that was the end of me. i finished this today, and got about five inches into the body of the back of the sweater. i'm hoping by the time the fall bite is really in the air i'll have a new sweater to wear.

i think i have the photo situation figured out. i found out that the pictures themselves are going to be about 1x1 inch squares, so that helps a lot. no one will be able to see my pimples without a magnifying glass, whoo! i had this great idea for a bio too, then i sent it to my sister and she and her stupid english degree kind of tore it down. in a nice, loving way, sure--but she thinks it sucks so now i'm back to working on that again. i will get this done, tonight, if it kills me. i will also make my bed with new clean sheets, which is always an annoying task but also rewarding. it's still early, and i have more to do before i get to go to bed and do some more knitting.

2 comments:

dm said...

we can get married. I'll work, and you can bake pumpkin bread all day. everyday.

Anne said...

I want to be a housewife, too! We could live next door and trade pies and cocktails and wear cute aprons...