Sunday, September 24, 2006

sayonara!

i'm off to denver for five whole days of new-hire training. after eight months at work i was not only hired, given free cell phone service and new snazzy twin-set to wear at work, but i also get to get trained all over again! the joy of it! i might actually die of boredom!

the good news is that i get to stay at a hotel down in denver for a week, where i plan to finish my sweater (only one sleeve left, then blocking and sewing to go!), watch cable tv, take long baths, and eat out. i'm staying one extra night in town as well, and the roommate and some friends are going to come down and go out with me. i'm also going to try to hit the DAM and find a hom bao. i will not have a computer with me while i'm there, but i might try posting with my cell phone. expect short posts because i have fat fingers.

now i have to pack, which is undoubtably my least-favorite part of travelling.

also, i went out last night with my roommates and came closer to actually talking to a real-life boy than i have in months. it was a step in the right direction. i missed out on the kraken movie (it was hard to leave that behind, trust me) but i figured i could catch in re-runs and that my chances of meeting a boy were better if i actually left my house. you know, it has something to do with math (the amount boys out there versus the amount in my living room). it's been forever since i did something like date or flirt, so i'm easing back into it slowly, and dorkily. i'm pretty sure i made finger-guns at a guy. finger guns. dude! i rule! although to be fair, he was looking at me and he did shoot back.

No comments: