Thursday, September 21, 2006

verbatim

me: hi! what's up.
sister: i'm making a gin & tonic, what are you doing?
me: drinking boxed wine out of a mug.
sister: excellent. i'm making the gin & tonic in a jar. oooh, that's a lot of gin.
me: there's a lot of wine in my mug.
sister: i miss you.
me: i miss you too.

my sister and i have been having cocktails over the phone for years now, since we've been separated by states. however, the amount of over-the-phone cocktails has decreased significantly since she got knocked up and had a baby. hearing her on the phone a little bit tipsy, like me, is a welcome change. it's not that we can't talk while sober or anything, but i admit we have the most fun and retarded conversations after a few drinks. i love my people. bentley's RULE! you drool. well, at least when you sleep.

*also, we decided while having this conversation that this year for christmas we would be buying each other copies of arrested development on dvd. that way we both get what we want. which is a lot of the bluth's!

No comments: