Wednesday, September 13, 2006

work hijinx

they are making our cell phone store a repair facility. because of that, we've been getting boxes and boxes of supplies all week long. today we finally got the back room organized enough to start sorting through it, and i found a giant bag of finger cots*.
FINGER COTS. could any work supply be more fun? i suppose post-its are infinitely more versatile as far as work doodles go, but finger cots you get to wear. or pose! and they are freaky looking and feeling! therefore, they are my new favorite thing about going to work. i spent this afternoon with one of my co-workers drawing these guys and cracking each other up. we did the finger mustache thing, we gave the puppets funny voices, we goofed for a good, long time. it was great fun. although we didn't get much done as far as work went. i want to do a whole little series i will call "finger cot theater."

i also got my new uniform today, and it's infinitely cuter than my last one. it's actually a little twin-set, a cute shirt and cardigan combo. it fits well, and makes me feel a hell of a lot more attractive than that giant polo i've been wearing for months. i wish it had come in yesterday, when my current customer-crush came in. dammit.

*dude, that whole web site is all about finger cots. that freaks me out a little.

No comments: