Thursday, September 28, 2006

kinkos!

remember when i worked for kinko's? and i was mean and unhappy and wearing a lot of polyester? you might think this means i hate finko's now, but on the contrary, I FUCKING LOVE KINKO'S. i might not want to work here ever again, but they're in every town, they have computers you can log into with a credit card, and seeing my blog again is refreshing. whew. of course, because i'm paying per minute, don't expect spell check or anything fancy or well-thought out. what you see, is what you get, kids.

this week in denver has been alternately boring and extra-fun. i'm taking notes in a real journal that i'll scan and paste when i get home, but for now here are a few thoughts about today:
  1. there's this one loud girl who absolutely, positively, must say something (anything!) everytime the instructor takes a breath or otherwise pauses. she answers every fucking question, she has to tell us her every experience, she has to remind us ad nauseum that she's a latina and how that relates to the subject, blah blah BLAH. i want to kill this girl. not with kindness, but with a solid blow to the head with something heavy.
  2. i'm the oldest one in the class. this is not a surprise to me.
  3. modern art makes me feel better about the world.
  4. google mobile maps for your cell phone is amazing and wonderful.
  5. my cell phone is a lot handier than i ever imagined.
  6. i'll be glad to go home and bake some cookies and see my kitten-face and catch up with the thousands of blogs i'm missing right now.
  7. also, go ahead and comment! dude, i can check my email through gmail, and it makes me feel a lot less bored. do it. you know you want to!

miss you! love you lots! wish you were here!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Amanda!

Anne said...

I'm making an apple pie right now with stars for the top crust! We'll think of you when we're eating it with vanilla ice cream tonight. PS. I'm getting very hot, I can't wait to not be pregnant!