Tuesday, March 13, 2007

good vs. evil

the evil: the insurance company that is paying me for my car wants money for the storage fees. the storage fees were more than the cost of the rocket.

the good: they only wanted $200 of it.

better: they want to reimburse me for the rental car i got, which i paid $150 for.

great: they only need my title and copy of the rental car receipt and then my check's in the mail!

evil: i can't find my title.

more evil: i could get a replacement, but that takes anywhere for 8-10 weeks.

absurd: i could call and ask my mom where she thinks i might have put it, but then pop would find out that that would be just something else for him to stress about and then freak out on me about. damn!

just plain annoying: i'm going to have to spend some serious time going through boxes i was hoping not to have to unpack in order to find this important title, which i should have put someplace safe, and which i no doubt thought i did. of course, someplace "safe" for me can be just about anywhere. wish me luck!

update! i found the title! but not the receipt! and honestly, come to think of it, they were supposed to mail it to me but i don't think i ever got it. i might have to go by there and ask. although having the title is the most important thing, so whatever. yay! i can sleep now!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

arrrgh! I hope you find it!

I do that all the time. I've had to buy two birth certificate copies in the past two years, d'oh!