Wednesday, March 07, 2007

cheerful

some lady at work today seemed so surprised when i helped her. she said to me, "you are so cheerful, that makes my day." i thought, "huh. it's only because i know i only have a few shitty weeks left." if only she knew!

i'm trying to squeeze in vacation days as well, some here, some there. it's making the kids at work insane, but i put in my time for them, i want them before i go. they are convinced i can get paid out for them but i'm fairly sure they only do that when they get rid of you, not the other way around. either way, i'm not risking it.

the last few months i've talked about nothing but moving! do you hate me yet? god, i am so sick of me, too. so here is a list of random things that have absolutely nothing to do with moving, packing, or hating colorado:
  1. i'm on a smoked oysters kick. they are quite possibly the most disgusting canned seafood product on earth, and yet i adore them. nothing makes me happier than a dinner comprised of them, kippers in mustard, crackers, some sharp chedder and a nice can of beer. add some pickled herring and olives to that list and you have the happiest girl on earth. also the stinkiest.
  2. i am seriously looking forward to doing some camping this spring and summer. i haven't used my tent once this year, and i can't figure out why. i love camping, even if i do only "car camp." the outdoors is the outdoors to me, and being out in the woods, making fires and eating hotdogs makes me happy.
  3. a cat i used to live with, zsa zsa, has cancer. while i am thrilled she lived this long (she's a pretty elderly cat), and have nothing but the best memories of her, this makes me sad. i know she's in a lot of pain, and that her people have chosen to put her down because they love her and care about her, but such a sweetie cat deserved to wander off in the woods alone and do it her way. maybe she'll find a way to do that.
  4. so far i am loving the arcade fire album. also loving having napster radio at work; i make these great playlists of things i love and at some point in the day matt asks, "can we listen to something other than your crazy circus music?" i made him listen to the decemberists "the mariner's revenge," and tried explaining how great it is, and he glazed over. he'll miss me when i'm gone! another plus: they had the supersuckers. i kind of want to subscribe so i can have it at my house and make huge playlists of the things i love, seperated into categories like "high school," "after high school," "angst," etc.

1 comment:

wixlet said...

They really should be paying you for the vacation time you've accrued, but I am also very pro take-it-while-you're-on-your-way-out. I've given two weeks before and then taken vacation days the last week so that I could get out even more quickly.