Friday, March 30, 2007

last day, bitches!

of work, i mean. technically i am on the calendar for tomorrow, but with the rocket being muerto and no one who lives in my neck of the woods working tomorrow either, i am not going to come in. shitty? yes. however, i could use that day for packing. you know, if i ever actually get around to that.

the boy did not call me last night. therefore, he must hate me. this is why dating for me is so retarded; i invariably go for worse case scenario with everything. headaches equal brain cancer, the wrong song on the radio when i wake up is a portent for bad news to come, someone calls late at night and it's never a drunk dial it's always emergency, etc. so if he doesn't call, then he obviously totally hates me. the chances are also good i just called kind of late for him and he was finally sleeping off his cold.

tonight is my going-away party, and while i'm excited about going out with my friends i'm also kind of sad. calling everyone this week and getting everything ready i realized i have more friends in colorado than i thought i did. how did that happen? i'm also fairly sure i talked justin into buying me a corsage for tonight! i kept bugging him about it last night, telling him i wanted a pink wrist corsage for tonight, and he was like "why?" and i told him i just wanted him to buy me something pretty and stupid, and i like wearing flowers more than just looking at them. he's been balking, but then this morning i sent him a message reminding him he totally fell down on the job this christmas and therefore, HE OWES ME. i think i guilted him into it. he asked what color i wanted, i told him pink. i have a cute pink shirt i'm going to wear out tonight, and i plan on getting pleasantly tipsy and enjoying my friends.

i talked to tiernan van this morning, and he seems happy to have me coming home. i miss talking to him and laying around on the couch reading books with the little man. i've been having a lot of crazy dreams about home, about the ocean, about my friends and family. in a lot of ways i'm ready to go, but i didn't expect to feel sad about it. i honestly thought i would just burn all my bridges and go out giving colorado the finger, but i kind of want to hug it before i go. we're just a mismatched couple, nothing more. there are things i love about here, including the wide open spaces, the cheap beer, the kids, but i just love my people more. so yay! going home.

No comments: