Friday, March 09, 2007

i'm wearing a pirate band-aid as we speak

the cat took a chunk out of my finger last night while we were playing. she seemed pissed when i jumped up and ran to the sink, flailing blood droplets everywhere, narrowing her eyes to slits and yawing. "wuss." it hurts like a sonofabitch today.

i bought my plane ticket home! the kids at work still don't believe i'm leaving, but it's hard to argue with etickets. i talked to mom last night and found out that my dad is mad at me for wanting to come home, which lead me to the following conversation with mom:

"he's mad?"
"yes, very."
"but he was mad when i moved out here!"
"yes, he was."
"he was mad i moved here, he's mad i want to move home, where exactly does he want me to live? hell?! because i'm pretty sure this counts."
"oh, he'll get over it."

i know he will, but it's still slightly uncomfortable and disconcerting to me. it's not so much that he's mad at me (he's mad at me a lot, i tend to do things he does not approve of), but when he's mad at my sister or me he takes it out on mom. generally speaking, pop's a quiet guy, but when he's mad he's not. she has to listen to him yell and kvetch, and it's just not that fun. it's funny when he's mad at the president, yes, but when he's mad at one of his kids it gets old quick. what's worse is that since i don't live close by to them, he will not actually tell me that he is annoyed/mad/pissed off. he'll ignore me until he cools down, which means i can't even take some of the heat off mom. jeez. i think secretly he will be happy to have me home, but he will never tell me that. not unless i get him real drunk and prod it out of him.

okay! today i'm going to make magic cookie bars for a friend's birthday, make some meatballs for me, pack up a whole lot of books, and maybe register my car. probably not. i should do that before i sell it, though, right? having never sold a car before, i don't know how it's done. i'll have to do some research. i'm also going to put some more stuff up on ebay, which is like having a yard sale on your computer.

No comments: