Saturday, October 21, 2006

careful, i'm HOT

ha! i was joking. this is my wild and exciting saturday night. the roommate's are down in boulder, going out, but after work tonight i just couldn't face the drive. it's less than an hour, but still too long, and i felt like dying my hair and making freezer paper stencil stuff. i still have a dethklock shirt to finish, and some undies that might need some skulls on them. plus, i'm all awake and stuff because i had one of these, and the thought of tying one on and losing my momentum isn't super appealing. (although right before i came home i did wish someone in town was going out, and that i could tag along. i need more drinking buddies in this town.) that makes choosing to sit around my apartment with a plastic shower cap on seem sort of sad in comparison, but dammit! i've got the place to myself, some mary tyler moore on dvd, and a whole roll of freezer paper saying "cut me." plus, i doubt the man of my dreams is out in boulder right now. i have a feeling he's at home playing video games and drinking cheap beer. jerk!

my very first birthday card showed up today, from my aunt and uncle. my aunt always writes the nicest things in my cards, and this time she wrote about how she missed my "smile and my great style." my style! you can sum it up in two words like my sister does: unmade bed. but this is one reason why i love my aunt and uncle so much; they love me in such a way that they think my haphazard dress and tendency to wear stuff because it doesn't match or is funny is something i do on purpose. to them, my being cheap and and relying on old navy, the thrift store and target is cute. that made my day. i love them. they are getting the best thank you note EVER.

No comments: