Thursday, October 19, 2006

"shiftless" should be my middle name

i didn't sleep until some time after 3 a.m. last night. then i slept in until noon, which sort of shot today in the foot. go me! i did get all of three things done; i bought a new small photo album for photos of baby, i put my paycheck in the mail, and i spent entirely too much money at old navy. i went in looking for more receiving blankets, instead found some cute pants for work, the cutest striped sweater i've never knit, a shiny girly shirt, and two shirts that do this things to my boobs where they look fabulous. a girl does not argue with that kind of shirt. i might have to go back and buy a few more, they're like magic boob shirts.

then i watched may on ifc, where i decided i love jeremy sisto. his face is strange and lovely all at once, and that's what i look for in just about anyone. everyone i know who's seen that movie has recommended it to me, but it's lower on my netflix list right now, since all my free time is taken up with battlestar galactica, buffy the vampire slayer, and arrested development. i missed the first fifteen minutes, but it's true, i loved it. it was weird and creepy and i liked may's outfits.

now i'm arguing with myself about going to bed at a reasonable time, because i'm not tired right now. i have to open tomorrow, which means 8:30 a.m., a time i'm not a huge fan of, but i can do it! i wish sleep carried over from day to day, because if that was the case, i got more than enough sleep yesterday to carry me through tomorrow. too bad sleep doesn't work that way. i'd sock some away in my sleep bank to use this weekend, too.

oh wait! i almost forgot to tell you that i painted that pumpkin for some work thing, and i started buying parts of my halloween costume tonight. i'm not going to tell you what i'm going to be, but i'm pretty excited. boy roommate knows of a party and i'm really looking forward to donning a costume and maybe kissing on some boy also wearing a costume. halloween is good for random make-outs, and i should know because before i put the moratorium on birthday fun, i used to hit every halloween party i knew of and milk both the holiday and my recent birthday.

3 comments:

dm said...

neither do boys argue with magic boob shirts. I mean, duh.

wher are you at on buffy? since I'll see you next week, I can totally bring a couple of seasons to loan you to save you valuble netflix queue space.

Anonymous said...

Yes! Magic boob shirts and rule and I also wish I could bank some sleep. Sigh.

Anonymous said...

Nice pumpkin, pumpkin!