Saturday, October 21, 2006

this is an alcohol related post

lucky you! my co-worker J talked all day about la folie, a very rare beer from the new belgium brewery. he talked about it so much, and with such passion that i went to a liquor store way out of my way the other night to buy a bottle. what he neglected to tell me is that it is a very sour beer. it's good, but i have to admit when i tried it for the first time i was not impressed. he had told me, however, that it was a bit of an aquired taste, and when i admitted i didn't think i liked it he told me to wait a day and try it again. while i don't think it will ever be my favorite new beligium brew (that honor goes to frambozen), it was a very interested thing to drink. you can only get it at the brewery, and about three liquor stores in town. i kind of want to send it to friends so they can try it, but sending beer through the mail is tricky.

also tonight i watched snl and while drinking some amaretto (one of my favorite fall drinks) and decided that i love love love gerald from my chemical romance's new blond hair. it's wrong, i know, but i can't help myself. my love of creepy boys in eye makeup goes back to my first crush ever, david bowie. gerald is entirely too young for me to actually make out with, but i admit i love the band's giant-emo-symphony sound, the theatrics, and the way he reminds me of billy corgan circa gish. i feel old and young at the same time watching him. and speaking of old/young, eight days until my birthday. i don't know why i'm counting down this year, but i feel like this birthday is more important than that big 3-0. like this might be the last year i get to act like an ass and still have my parents not freak out, like i'm still not entirely considered a spinster-loser and if i don't take advantage of this free pass to do as i like i'll regret it. i think this might mean buying more black eyeliner and refusing to settle down with a nice boy, but we'll see. it could mean a million things, i suppose. maybe eyeliner is just teensy part of it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Please risk it! At least a few bottles. Tell them it's perfume. I want to try this sour beer, and I bet I know a bartender who does too.

Anonymous said...

P.S. I think the weirdest thing about 30 was that it wasn't nearly as weird as I thought it would be. I mean, I still act like an ass all the time, and not only that, no one can say shit about it because I'm over 30. It's perfect!