Monday, October 16, 2006

it's not exactly baking

but i still went a little cupcake crazy this past week and weekend. it's a pretty basic design i drew, but changing the expressions and colors makes it extra fun to work on.

i went and looked at bikes this weekend, too, so i can get a handle on how much one might cost. i'd like to spend around $100, but the bikes i really loved were more than that. i might go ahead and save up enough money for a really spectacular one, or try to buy one once the weather turns crappy, because maybe they'll be cheaper then. it was easy enough to find red ones, although i have to admit i saw an orange one i kind of really liked too. all i know for sure is that i definately want one with huge fenders, and some pinstripe action. also, i don't care about gears. it's flat here, and i never plan on taking my bike to the mountains. i just want something big and dorky to tool around on.

i also had entirely too much drink this whole weekend, which culminated in a great saturday night out where i got to chit chat with all my favorite bartenders. one of them is extra-cute, and it was fun to be out with my roommate drinking girly drinks and goofing around. i love my boy roommate, but when he comes out with us we don't get a lot of boy action. i think they can't always tell who he belongs to, which is fine for my girl roommate, but sucky for me. i need to get a shirt to wear out that says, "third wheel" so it will be evident that i'm odd girl out. although i don't really look like them, or hold hands with either of them, so it should already be pretty clear. you just can't take for granted what a boy with a few drinks in him will or won't think. they are mysterious enough sober.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Seriously, the hell with gears. Just one more thing to break.

Anonymous said...

Dang, I would LOVE to sell you my Nirve/Paul Frank cruiser. It's just the thing for you. Bright red, and with the Julius monkey on it! Thing is, I'm barely 5'0" tall so it's too big for me. I'm thinking of getting a little dirt bike instead.