Wednesday, February 28, 2007

colorado hates me

at the very least, the town of mead despises me.

the other night i was driving home when i got pulled over. i had a headlight out, i knew it and had actually stopped at the car place on my way home and picked a few bulbs up, but about five miles away from the house i got pulled over anyway. the cop was nice enough, in that he wasn't a giant dick, but he gave me a hard time for not having a bill of sale on me and then told me horror stories about how he could arrest me and take me in and i thought "i wonder if they'll take away my purse? man, i'd like to take photos of jail, but i bet they'd take away my camera too." jail? why not! being stuck here feels like that sometimes. if i could whistle i would have while being interrogated. damn overbite...

i have short-timers fever. bad.

work uninterests me, i find myself biting my tongue a lot and then sometimes letting it go (last night for instance; some guy was arguing with me about what i could and couldn't accept as proof he worked someplace, and finally i said, "look, i just work here, i didn't make the rules up and i can't break them. it doesn't have to make sense, that's jut how this is."). i can't bring myself to tidy my room up because who cares? it's all going to be in boxes soon anyhow. i need to go back to arguing with the insurance companies today, i've taken a few days off to avoid having an aneurysm, but now i need to get that shit sorted out, and now it's snowing. again. i want to drive the rocket home, but maybe i'll just sell it and buy a ticket out of here. i'd hate to do that, though, the rocket is like the best friend i have right now. it gets me out of the house!

right now i have to go change that headlight, though. wish me luck! i can't seem to figure out how to get into the headlight to put the bulb in.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sell the rocket, pack your stuff and ship it and take a nice leisurely Amtrack ride home.

My two cents.

Anonymous said...

Sucky. Changing headlights can be a pain in the ass, but if I can do it anyone can. Seriously.