Tuesday, February 06, 2007

I WON

dude! i can drive a stick! not great, and i did stall in at an intersection, but i can drive it and i got home all in one piece and I LOVE THIS CAR. not because it's amazing or fast or fancy, not because it's pretty or is going to help me get a cute boy, but because it's small, good on gas, runs and is mine. i can get to work without worrying or trying to bum a ride (which is hard in the middle of nowhere colorado), i will have some time to get a plan and money together, i can maybe get some sleep and who knows; maybe in some ways this accident was a good thing. i would have never learned to drive stick otherwise, and it has kind of made me realize that as far as being prepared goes i have some work to do.

plus, i have a new car to put bumper stickers on. once i put a peachy-peach air freshener into the rocket, and a glow-in-dark mary, it will truly be mine.

whooo!!! i feel like a genius, even though a whole lot of people know how to drive a stick already. i'm one of them now! i rule!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to you! It really is pretty fun, that stick-shifting thing. You feel like you're "really driving" and not a fake. It's not fun in heavy traffic, though (like around here in the Seattle area), so with my last car I opted back to fake.

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the club!

Anonymous said...

congratz!! driving a stick shift is FUN. you can totally rev your engine at stop lights and pretend you are drag racing.

Airencracken said...

I love stick shifts. I'll never buy another automatic again. It's either stick or CVT for me. (My Prius has a CVT)

Anonymous said...

I knew you could do it! Yay!