Wednesday, February 21, 2007

let the anxiety begin!

i've said it before, and i'll say it again, i'm more excited than nervous about the move this time. however, yesterday i dealt a little bit with my insurance company and the company of the guy who hit me, and that spun me up in a huge way. the gist of it is this: no one wants to take responsibility for my back end (that sounds kind of dirty, eh?), but i say if i have to take responsibility for the guy i hit, then the guy who hit me has to as well. THE END. i really felt at the beginning like maybe insurance companies and car repair places weren't so bad, like i was dealing with some folks who cared, but what it boils down to is cash money and everyone is trying to get theirs. the place where my car is is charging $25 a day in storage fees. no one ever told me this. so far, my car has racked up $500 worth of debt. i bought the rocket for $600, this seems insane. at the car place they're all, "don't worry, insurance will pay for it," but damn, so far i'm the only one picking up the tab.

i feel like dealing with these people makes me shrill and uncomfortable to be around, at the same time i know if i don't stand up for myself they'll walk all over me. i want this resolved, and i want it resolved soon, which means more of me saying things like "that's totally unacceptable" and "i want to be reimbursed for my brand new tires" etc. what they don't know is that i'll settle for less than my car is worth, as long as it's enough to get me home. that's all i want right now, home. i miss my people, i miss my town, i miss the rain and doom and gloom and ikea. i need a hug and a plate of mom's dinner. stat.

No comments: