Friday, February 09, 2007

evidently i bounced a check

whoo! if my roommate had waited 12 hours to deposit the check i gave him, everything would have been fine. it's my own fault for writing the check and just leaving it out with no little note saying, "um, this needs a few days to mature." now i get to write another check, and explain that i had almost enough money for him, but buying gas for the rental car put me over.

dammit.

i want to spend the rest of today in bed, with the electric blanket cranked to high, reading books and making lists and silently freaking out about how money is coming, but isn't here yet. money makes me the most nervous, and while bouncing a check isn't the end of the world (i'm thinking that's bankruptcy), it still freaks me out. today i get to smooth all that over, and i know everything is going to be okay, but i can't help that my gut reaction is all spastic.

dear car accident, i wish you'd waited a week to show up. or not shown up at all.

No comments: