Thursday, February 22, 2007

things i am going to do when i get home

a list, part I
  1. eat duck at uwajimaya!
  2. and hom bao, onion tofu, bubble tea, barbequed pork, and vietnamese coffee.
  3. chew on henry's suddenly fat legs. he grew overnight, i swear! out of nowhere there is chub where before there were only legs!
  4. kiss and hug tiernan and jude, and read them books, and tell them how tall they've gotten and how handsome they are and how much i missed them.
  5. get tipsy with my mom and then sneak her outside for a very illicit smoke. we will share one and feel guilty for days and it will be great.
  6. stand on the beach and smell the ocean.
  7. eat good seafood. like really good, caught this morning fish.
  8. rub my little brother's tummy and feed him treats and let him sleep in my bed.
  9. eat chinese with my aunt and uncle, where i will pinky-swear to never move to the midwest again.
  10. read the paper sunday morning with my pop, after arguing over who gets the comic section first.
  11. eat pancakes with my portland peeps while looking for a place to live and a job.
  12. go to ikea! and eat meatballs and buy shelves!
  13. try not to cry.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

i want to visit you - hurry up and move back there already because i hate colorado too!

Anonymous said...

Oh, Amanda, sweetie...Colorado is not the Midwest! The Midwest ends at the Missouri River, and then things get rough. In the Midwest we smile, and know some of our neighbors and make tuna casseroles with cream of mushroom soup and aren't total assholes when we have car accidents. And I'm from Chicago. I'm sure that things are even more friendly in smaller locales.

I am SO happy about your decision to go back to Seattle. I think that your heart is there, as well as your people. And there are several of your people in the REAL Midwest that love you a bunch.

xox - Robin

Anonymous said...

OH, and one more thing...wanna go to a wedding in Boston on November 10? Your cousin is getting married. I could use a little comic relief. Email me if interested.

xox - Robin