Wednesday, February 28, 2007

pan's labyrinth

kind of made me want to die. i mean that in a nice way; the story was lovely and the movie was beautiful, but i wasn't really in the mood for the kind of ending so bittersweet i have to sit there crying for a while during the credits. it's really not for kids. it is totally amazing to look at, though, and maybe if it were a different day i wouldn't have been so bummed about it.

ahem. the kids at work are laying the guilt on pretty thick and i know they mean well, and it's flattering they like me so much they want me to stay (like george costanza, i do enjoy ending it on a high note), but i don't like feeling like i'm letting them down. the job was never right for me in the first place, and before i get really shitty at it i should get out. even if i weren't going home, i know for a fact i wouldn't be staying there. commissioned sales is cool in a lot of ways, but i don't care enough to make it work for me. give me an hourly wage and i could care less about perks outside health care.

i'm taking a little time off when i get home, obviously. i'll need to look for a job, get a place to live, and all that jazz. i want to settle in portland because it's halfway between my sister and my parents, and also because it's a new city to me, and the newness part of colorado hasn't worn off yet. i know more people there, which will make the transition easier for me (i think), plus i do already kind of know my way around. going home on the weekends to spend some time on the island is still totally do-able, and weekends in seattle are also easy to arrange. getting people to visit me when i don't live states away is also easier. i want to spend some time on the island right when i get back, then some time in seattle before heading south to really work on employment and a place to live. i just hope finding a job won't take too long and that i won't wear out my welcome on people's couches too quickly. thank god for temp agencies and inflatable mattresses...

No comments: