Wednesday, March 29, 2006

damn taxes

i finally got my final W2 today, and needless to say, i got right to filing my taxes. i didn't get back as much as i wanted (when i had roughed out my return, i over-shot the mark by about $800. dork!), but i am getting a sizeable return. nothing too big, but enough to pay my car insurance, put a big chunk on some credit cards, and then go back to being broke.

what's funny is that i made a reasonable amount last year. this year so far is so sad that next year's return should be stellar.

ah well, at least it's all done. also, my friend chelsea has a husband with a band. he thinks of it as a side project, but i like it a lot, so i'm leaving you with a link. it sounds a bit like the cure making out with the stills. he's coming out with an ep soon, and i'm pretty excited. i've been listening to those four songs a lot lately, i need some more.

lasers and landmines

No comments: