Saturday, March 04, 2006

sometimes my rage is useful

i've mentioned before how much i hate my dvd player. hate it. loathe it, despise it, want to blow shit up when it doesn't work. which is often. all i wanted tonight was to come home, have a beer, watch some movies. was my dvd player cooperating? NO. i decided then and there that my dvd player could officially go to hell.

this is how much i hate my dvd player: i'd had dinner and part of a beer already when i decided that it could go to hell. i was in my pajamas. i put my clothes back on and headed back out into the world and bought myself a new dvd player. here is a little tip for you as well; cheap dvd players are usually good dvd players. the companies that make them just take the same dvd component that are in most computers and put it in a case. the end. for about $30 you can find a pretty decent dvd player. i found one that looked good, was small and perfectly suited to my needs.

i got it home and realized there was one teensy, tiny, seriously annoying problem though. i have an old tv, and it wouldn't connect. at this point i was driven. i was going to have a dvd player that would actually play dvds! tonight! i went back out into the world and found and rf modulator. and hallelujah, praise the lord, the perfectly reasonable dvds that netflix sent play just fine in my new dvd player. old dvd player, you can kiss my ass. new dvd player, welcome home. if you'll excuse me, i'm going to go enjoy a beer now, and watch three kings. which is, for the record, an incredibly great film.

p.s. dear marky mark, i know you've got a real pretty girlfriend, and a lovely little girl and one on the way, but damn if i don't love seeing you without a shirt on.

p.p.s maeby funke is also in three kings. another brownie point for the film.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE that movie! And mad props to you for your follow-through. (Once I am home and in my jammies I am dead to the world...or the world is dead to me, or something.)