Thursday, March 23, 2006

fin.

i have a tendency to get really close to the end of a project and then set it aside. i don't know why. maybe i get bored? maybe i'm lazy? maybe it's a weird mental block? in any case, i'm trying hard lately to not do that, so when i realized all i had left to do to my wrist warmers was to sew them up, i made myself do it. you know what i think the real issue is; the end work is not as much fun as the rest, so i put it off. making cables was fun, mattress stitching is not my favorite thing ever.

i'm also working on some super-top-secret projects, and i had an idea for some new embroidery patterns that i'm sketching out. i'm trying hard not to spend money, so i didn't go anywhere fun today, but i did watch some movies. they had monster at the library, and holy cow that movie was depressing. i didn't even finish it. i knew what was going to happen and it was just all so sad and meaningless, and i was really bothered by charlize and her fake teeth. watching a pretty girl play an ugly girl is insulting. what? they don't have average or ugly actresses? i think it's supposed to make us feel better about the whole thing, knowing that charlize got to go home and take out those ugly teeth and spray on a tan. i say "no." i'm going to watch some simpson's now to cleanse my television palate.

i also checked out this book at the library and it's really making me want to learn more cable/aran stitches. i like the look of fair isle too, but i'm not ready to try knitting anything other than stripes. first things first!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Monster" made me want to die. I thought Charlize Theron did a good job in that movie, but yeah, the ugly was weird. I get tired of hearing how incredibly courageous actresses are for being willing to glue on crooked teeth or weigh 130 pounds for a couple of months. Oh, it's such a career risk to get lots of press and have your ugly incarnation constantly compared to your usual stunning self.

Also, I think Christina Ricci is an affectless twerp.

P.S. I don't know jackshit about knitting, but those look good. I like that red.

Anonymous said...

I do the SAME THING with projects. I was just thinking about this the other night, as I had made a new pincushion, and just had to stuff it - and put it away, haha. Don't know what it is, but I can't help it.

Your wrist warmers look awesome! I'm so glad you learned that cabling isn't scary :)

Anonymous said...

These are beautiful!