Tuesday, March 14, 2006

inflexible me

today i totally acted like an ass at work, and then my boss did something really nice and i had to say, "hey, i'm sorry i acted like an ass. remind me to not bitch anymore, okay?" i was asked to come into work tomorrow because one of the big wigs is coming in, and i balked because it's my only day this week that i have all to myself. plus i was asked to come in tomorrow like twenty mintues before i got off work, and it felt like friday to me, and i hate having to do friday twice in one week. i am also not known for my flexibility. in fact, it is patently not one of my strong suits. all those things i do that might seem crazy and out of left field are usually things i have to force myself to do. if i have my own way, i create a little routine that i like, and stick with it. i don't like for that to messed with. this bugs me enough that sometimes i don't take the time to actually think things through. like "yes, making more money this week would be great!" instead i think, "tomorrow was my day off!" short-sighted, to say the least. i remember becoming a lot more flexible with my schedule at finko's, because every week it changed. remind me to remember that more often.

so basically i am going in tomorrow for a few hours, my boss is trying to get me a raise and more hours at the store, and sometimes i am a jerk. but on thursday i will be a jerk in another state, and i'm really looking forward to that.

No comments: