Thursday, March 30, 2006

my sewing has nothing on this guy

dear flickr, thanks for showing me this photo, which led me to this website, which led me to this bracelet. i was just poking around the tag "fabric" and there it was. looking through his site there are so many beautiful things to covet. i've never thought of using fabric that way. it's so pretty. i sort of want everything on the site, not just the skull bracelet.

i don't know anything else, like if they are for sale or not. maybe at some point i'll work up a little courage to drop him a line and ask. i'm always hesitant to do that, because there's a good chance they're art pieces and already spoken for, or not for sale. besides, the purpose of art isn't always to own it, but damn i'd look good in that bracelet. or this necklace.

okay, today's goal is to learn how to successfully execute a buttonhole. i'm going to have to do some practice (it's been years since i made one, because they are hard and i love zippers) before launching into maggie's dress. it's so cute, i'd hate to mangle it with hideously misshapen buttonholes. she might be just a baby, but i'm sure she'd notice.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hi milk and cake---i heard you like my work--just wanted to say thanks so much for mentioning me in your blog and to let you know the pieces are for sale if i still have them or i could make something similar-i taught myself how to sew so it's great to hear your doing the same! ---again thanks and my best to you danny