Tuesday, March 28, 2006

i'm weak

i try hard not to be annoying with my adoration of maggie, but then my sister takes a picture this cute and i have to show everyone. do you see those crazy long legs? she just turned two months old, and she is nothing but limbs. she's also smiling more, and my sister says she's even starting to hold her head up and put weight on her legs when you pick her up. all perfectly ordinary baby steps, but when it's her i tend to think it's all very genius and amazing. and really? with all babies it is.

tomorrow i'm going to head down to a big craft store that just opened up a bit father south. i want to buy some dye and some knitting needles, and maybe just look around and see what's going on. the past few days at work have been sort of intense, which is to be expected since i'm learning about a million and two new things all at once, and i feel like going out and spending a little bit of money. i've been super restrained, and really good with my budget, but i think spending ten bucks on fun stuff is okay. getting out of the house and out and about will also be good for me. i need to be out in public in something other than my black work polo, you know?

i also talked to my mom today, and she ran into the mother of a friend of mine from high school. just recently, this friend's father passed away. it was a huge shock, the death was totally unexpected, and he was such a great guy. he was the dad everyone loved. what i loved about this friend's family growing up was that they reminded me of mine; the parents were still really close and you could always go to them with anything. when her dad died, i was really sad and i sent them a hanging plant with a little note. i never heard anything back but didn't really expect to, either. when mom ran into my friend's mom, though, she said they both just got all choked up about the whole thing. i hadn't thought about it since i moved, but it made me sad all over again. my parents make me crazy, the last couple of weeks very very seriously crazy, but then i was just glad they're still around to make me nuts. this paragraph doesn't have a real point, it's just i know that even though my parents sometimes annoy the hell out of me, and they mean well and won't be around forever.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a sweet post -- it's so true about our parents. I'm dealing with mine having health issues and it's very scary. A lifetime of memories of strong and vibrant people, and now....

And my first thought when I saw the picture of Maggie was "What a L-O-N-G baby!!" ~ Tonya

amanda said...

she is so crazy long! none of us were as long as babies. she fits into her clothes, except her legs. all her pants are floods.

Anonymous said...

That's so funny, the little man had the opposite problem. He was short and wide. Had to roll his pants up like crazy. At one point he was 6 months old wearing size 24 month pants, rolled up like five times at the bottom.

As for the folks...a couple years back we had a scare with my Dad. A mild stroke. He won't talk about it. And he still smokes and drinks more than he should. I love the guy but he drives me crazy. And I'd like him to keep driving me crazy for a good long while.

Anonymous said...

awww baby! I don't mind baby stories or pictures, at all - babies rule!

I understand the whole parent thing... it's so strange.

Anonymous said...

Awwww, she is soooo cute! And my what limbs she has :-)

A new craft store??? How did I miss this? I must live under a rock or something :-)