Friday, March 03, 2006

home for lunch

i live only three miles away from work. which means i'm super close and can come home for lunch. which i haven't dared do until today, the main reason being that i'm pretty sure after a comfortable hour at home, going back to work is going to suck like nothing's sucked before in the history of suckage. but i forgot to pack a lunch and really wanted to make a chik wrap, so i dared it. i'm here, i'm having a good time, and honestly? i don't feel nearly as bitter about going back to work as i thought i would be. it's quiet here, i can watch a little law & order, brush my hair and floss my teeth and then go back. it actually feels pretty refreshing. who would have guessed?

1 comment:

Spacebeer said...

I had a job for a year or so that was just a five minute walk from my house. I would walk home every day and have lunch and then walk back and I loved it. There are so many more great lunch options when you have your whole kitchen and not just what you put into a bag, and I also got to play with my kitties and just mellow out for an hour. Going home is the best.