Monday, February 27, 2006

back to work!

it was a slow day. s-l-o-w. so slow i didn't take a name for my list once. slow enough that i took a whole hour for lunch and didn't feel guilty. it was a nice way to ease back into things. it was also the first time i'd been out of the house in a few days, and it took me a while to wake up, so the quiet store was nice. even though it was relatively not busy at work, i still got more than my fair share of attitude. one woman actually called me a nazi and told me that the days i'm not there she never has to wait in line. well good for her, but when everyone of the sales staff is with a customer and you have to wait all of two minutes, it's not actually my fault. i'm not actually a nazi! and you, ma'am, are a fucking bitch.

the cutest boy on earth came in today as well, right before closing. he's been in before, and i just think he's adorable. you know what that means, right? i ignore him. i'm always so afraid of appearing dorky (a reasonable fear, mind you), that when i think someone is super cute or i'm feeling a bit crushed out, i just act totally uninterested. of course, he did actually catch me dorking out, because even i can't stop it all the time, and he laughed a little (but not in a mean way) and smiled at me. i blushed like...well, like a blushing girl. he has great reddish-brown hair, chops for sideburns, and this pretty smile. he does some sort of construction work, and carries around a big carpenter's pencil. today he wore a bloodshot records t-shirt and i wanted to pounce on him and bring him back to my cave. maybe another day.

and my new earrings showed up today. pretty, aren't they?

and i don't think i said "thank you" for the comments, but thanks. it was nice.

4 comments:

Anne said...

But the dorkiness is what we miss the most!

Anonymous said...

The earrings are gorgeous! Such lovely lobes. Sigh. I need to get stretching.

And I do think you need to pounce on that cute carpenter boy. Though I spose dragging him back to your cave could get you in trouble with the law :-)

wixlet said...

you have lovely ears!

i am inspired. i need to get my piercing kit out of storage and start working on my lobes. i had plans to go up to 8s many years ago (i don't think i want to go higher than an 8 or 10), but they fell by the wayside. i have a good set of tapers, so i don't know what i'm waiting for.

Anonymous said...

i second that. i ttoally need to put my rings back in and get stretching.


cute earrings!!!