Thursday, February 09, 2006

boring post ahead

i got very little done today, although i did get my yogurt and cereal bought. the car did not get washed, because the unholy colorado wind arrived and i did not feel like soaking myself while washing the car. plus, it's going to snow and then i'm going to have to wash off all the magnesium chloride anyway. may as well wait a bit.

i got a very nice package from my parents for valentine's day; they sent me a movie and a magazine and a cute little card, along with a cd of photos of maggie. i promptly burst into tears. it's almost worse when they're nice to me, it makes me feel even more homesick. i am not complaining, though. i may as well be crying because i miss them and aren't they nice, rather than crying because i have a dumbass job and the dry air here is giving me split ends.

i'm serious. i haven't had split ends in years. suddenly they are everywhere and i blame the lack of humidity as well as the shitty haircut i got where the woman didn't even get my hair wet first; she just hacked at it like a moron. i should have just gotten up and left when she did that, instead of paying her and thanking her like an idiot.

i'm totally over-emotional today because i couldn't go back to sleep last night and aside from a small nap (twenty minutes) this afternoon i've been up since 3:30 this morning. i'm sort of tired and fussy.

No comments: