Friday, February 17, 2006

four below! no really! four degrees BELOW zero!

i have never been so cold in my life. you think i'm joking, but i'm not. since it is so freakishly cold, it only makes sense that i would leave my headlights on this morning and leave work to find a sad, dead car. thankfully matt was around to jump my car for me. it was so cold while we were out there though, that i lost a pinkie toe. okay, maybe i still have my pinkie toe, but it is also still ridiculously cold. the kind of cold that makes the air in your nose freeze into tiny spikes of discomfort. COLD.

also, i know this is the least technically pretty photos from my snow night series, but it's my favorite. you have no idea how much the mail means to me. the internets, they are great, but getting something you can hold in your hands is totally different. you know what it's like to get real mail, letters and funny clipping from the paper, drawings from little kids (and big ones!), photos and reicpes. it all rules. some days the mail reminds me that even though i might not know a lot of people in my new town, there are still kids that like me, and if i could make friends before, then i can make new ones too. it's corny, i know, but indulge me please. mail is good. send more of it. (not just to me, either. you will be amazed at how excited your friends and family will be if you just drop them a little note. the brownie points you get from that are not to be scoffed at.)

1 comment:

dm said...

colder than a witch's teat!