Sunday, February 19, 2006

I AM SO PISSED OFF

someone fucked with my car. i went out there today to run some errands, and discovered my driver's side mirror hanging by a thread, like a sad, dismembered eyeball. at first i thought maybe someone drove by and clipped it, which pissed me off to start with. i called my pop (actually, i called my mother, but my pop answered and i was screwed then), and while on the phone with him i saw that my antennae was bent in half. then i realized that someone very deliberately fucked with my car. the accident theory made me mad, but knowing that someone did it on purpose just pissed me off even more.

i could blow shit up right now with only the power of my fury!

i filed a police report. on the off chance that it's happened to other kids, at least the cops know about it. i don't expect them to find the hooligans that did it. i also thought it might help if i decide to see if my insurance will chip in.

a new mirror is only going to cost me $45, but the shipping is another $15. good-bye sixty dollars. my other options are to go to a junkyard and hunt down a new mirror, or to go to a dealership. the dealership will cost $80 and the junkyard will cost me an afternoon of my life. sixty bucks annoys me, but the other options are just as annoying and involve me getting a lot dirtier. driving around today without that mirror reminded just how much i actually use it, and how useful it is. the nice lady at the police department said, "oh well, at least it's not that expensive." which is true in a relative sort of way, but sixty bucks is still a fair amount of money for me, especially considering that at this point in my life i'm only making $200 a week.

did i mention that i'm really angry? it's not like my car was parked in a dark alley, it was parked on a residential street, close to a main arterial, under a fucking street lamp. i know i'm lucky that they didn't actually break into my car, but that's small comfort. it could have been a lot worse, but it's still pretty lousy. i kind of hate people right now.

the only thing about today that hasn't made me mad is the realization that i can get stamps at my bank's atm. that's pretty cool. other than that, i declare today to be suck-eriffic! i'm going to go shake my fist around at shit now, and bitch about how much i hate punk-ass kids and act like an old lady. excuse me, please.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

There is no rage worse than that which stems from someone needlessly fucking with your shit. Pigfuckers.

Spacebeer said...

"It could have been worse" is pretty poor comfort, but here goes:

A couple years ago Josh and I got up in the morning, he was going to drive me to work on his way to work. We go behind our apartment to our cars, which are parked next to each other. They both look a little odd. Then we notice that his two passenger side tires and my two driver's side tires were totally slashed. No driving for us. Plus I had this big first meeting with my bosses at my new job so I couldn't skip out. Lame. Triple A towed us one at a time to a nearby sears and we bought new damn tires. Who are these vandalizing jerks, anyway?

Anonymous said...

That totally blows.

My little story...mother nature was the beeyatch who fucked with my car, so who can I blame? I was eight months pregnant with the little man at the time, and had just closed on my house. I was still living in the apartment, and had been slowly loading up stuff into the car, and driving it over to the house. One morning, the weekend before the big move, I went outside. The sidewalks were all covered in slime, and every car on the block was either at an angle, or had its hood or trunk up. It was surreal. I carefully walked over to my nearly brand-new Jetta, trying to figure out what was up. I opened the driver's side door and out came a bunch of dirty water. There had been a big storm the night before and the stupid gutters on our street had backed up. Judging from the waterline my car had been flooded up to the dashboard. Thankfully the insurance company totalled it and reimbursed me for slightly more than I owed on it, but it was a huge hassle and the car had been full of stuff that can't be replaced...letters from friends, photos, etc.

Anonymous said...

suuuuuuuck. i hope today got a little better at least?

and i have now, in the space of less than three months, gotten up in the faces of some young kids and chewed them out, i shit you not. one incident involved vandalism of artwork (made by other kids) and the other incident involved idiots who were intentionally blocking the interior street of our apartment complex. when i gave the apparent ringleader a dirty look as we passed through the reluctant gap they had made for us, she threw a fucking coke can at my car. so i backed the fuck up and hunted that kid down because i am indeed both mean and old. the best part is that she denied throwing the can and started with some shit about having something stuck in her throat. i totally cut her off and said, "why are you lying? if you hadn't done anything wrong, you wouldn't have run off, would you? so don't lie to me and try to justify what you just did." did i mention i was mean? yeah, i am, because i totally made her cry and i don't feel bad about it at all.

fruitwix

Anonymous said...

asshats! total asshats! pure and simple.