Thursday, February 02, 2006

you know, i think that made me sound like an ass.

it's true i've been quiet and sort of introverted the past few days. it's true i'm troubled by work and money and doing that whole "i'm not a grown-up but i'm not a kid anymore, what the fuck?" pensive bullshit, but i don't want you to think that i'm also just sitting around writing in my black journal and looking for sharp object to jab into my aorta. no! i just don't want to whine too much, and sometimes if you don't have anything nice to say, then you really should just keep your piehole in the seated, upright position, tray closed.

here is a list of things that don't suck, more for my sake than yours:
  1. maggie. my sister and brother in law finally got it together and got a flickr account, so now i can see new photos of her almost daily. i love that.
  2. if you loved me, you'd send me one of these valentines.
  3. curb your enthusiasm. i had no idea how much i'd love it. but i do! larry david would tell someone to suck it, so it's like we're twins seperated at birth.
  4. i am making a million of these bunnies, and even though part of the pattern is funked (i thought it was just me until i made people who actually know how to knit look at it and they all went, "yeah, that's not cool," so it's totally not just me), i've figured out how to fix it and they are just so ridiculously cute. when they are done and stuffed i will show you the ones i made.
  5. dr. pepper. sometimes a girl just needs a soda to perk herself up.


also, this is my absolute favorite photo of maggie so far. but there are new ones all the time, so i probably shouldn't say that. i just love her big cheeks and her adorable little mouth. she has the same rosebud that her grandmother and mom have.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't mind whining (I know I do my fair share of it), but I'm glad to see you back. Sometimes whining is just necessary, and this happens to be a perfect outlet. ~Tonya

Anonymous said...

Welcome back. I've been grumpy the last week or so myself, so I can relate Hope you're feeling better.

It took me at least two seasons to finally warm up to Curb Your Enthusiasm. I really wanted to like it, but always found myself hiding my face from the tv screen, writhing in one, long 30 minute cringe. At some point, I figured out that Larry was a total prick and that was the point. Now I have a big, fat crush on that show.

dm said...

watch that weatherman movie with nick cage. you'll feel much better. not like stabbing yerself with a rusty piece of metal at all.

dr pepper!

Anonymous said...

JERRY ORBACH AND UM, CREEPY ACNESCAR DUDE WHOSE NAME ESCAPES ME WISH YOU AH AP PY VA LE NT IN ES DA Y.

a) this pabst is not even close to the length of a baby's arm, much less a boy whale's pee-pee;

b) i only had to mouse over the link to ensure i knew EXACTLY what you were talking about;

c) if you really come here for south by, you're not going to remember it. my friend doesn't make a one-week zine called 'free beer opportunities' for nothing. (and i'm talking like, saddle stapling 10-12 pages here.)

lubchew