Thursday, February 16, 2006

more pee talk

i had to pee in a cup again today. i swear that's all i do in this town. pee in cups! apply for jobs! pee some more! i guess in order for the cell phone company to buy me from the temp agency i have to go through the application process again. even though i'm already working there. it seems insane to me, but i am not in charge.

when i got up this morning and headed outside, i was glad i'd gone out last night. the snow was all but wrecked this morning; dirty and driven on, criss-crossed with footprints from the kids going to the junior high next door, giant piles of snow pushed up by plows. i had it all to myself last night! that was nice.

i had to go and pick up a big-ass snow scraper for the car today. the little ice scraper i have was not effective for getting rid of the piles of snow on my car this morning. it froze my hands. i bought a giant one with a telescoping handle, with a broom on one end and the scraper on the other.

i'm watching i am trying to break your heart, and jeff tweedy just seems like such an uncomfortable guy. there are moments when he seems completley freaked out in his own skin, and it seems like no one gets it. (that could just be editing too!) i feel bad for him. i'm not saying he's this misunderstood artist who no one gets, it's obvious he can be a bit demanding as well and that the band does a lot to get along together, but he's a man apart. it's like being all alone in a hugely crowded place. it's a little hard to watch, but as much as i loved yankee hotel foxtrot before, i love it even more now.

lately i really want to dye my hair blackest-black-black. it's fairly dark as it is, and long, so dying it is sort of ridiculous. no one ever notices but me, and then i have to work on the roots. i might do it anyhow, because i'm a jerk that way.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, I peed in a cup today too! My exciting news is that it was a Pop Quiz...I'm also working as a temp, and was hired months ago, but there was NO pre-employment pee required. They waited 6 weeks, and then gave me 24 hours to gift them with some fluids. The world truely has gone mad...

dm said...

I really like that movie. Much more than I like the actual band. That movie they made with Billy Bragg was good, too.

I peed today also. But not in a cup.

Anonymous said...

i too am glad you went out last night as i LOVED the snow pics. i want snow. thank you for the bit of winter we never get in seattle!!