Tuesday, February 21, 2006

lately i take sleeping pills before bed. if i'm not asleep at a very specific time, i.e. with enough sleep-able hours left to make the next day bearable, then i take the pill, watch some cartoons and go to bed. i'm hoping at some point to rewire myself. on the weekends, i don't take the pills and muddle through the nights with varying degrees of success.

i bring this up because this morning i have a really weird sleeping-pill hangover. i'm grateful for the sleep i get, but the following morning is always a bit off for me. then again, it's better than mornings after no sleep.

i guess that means i'm a bit screwed.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm in the same boat right now. My doc offered to prescribe some sleeping pills, but so far I've just been going with Tylenol PM. Even so, those things knock me on my ass. I've been resorting to taking them just once or twice a week...and the morning after, whooo.

dm said...

I tell ya, if/when that pop stand offers you health insurance go to the doc and get some ambien! It may be mildy habit-forming but that's so much better than not sleeping. Plus if you take it and try to stay up, you get all weird and fuzzy and can't put words together - remember?

Anonymous said...

If I take anything for sleeping, I have to leave like, 12 hours for sleeping or else in the morning I cannot get up. It is AWFUL. But, *sigh* I love that feeling of drug induced falling asleep.