Wednesday, February 15, 2006

saturday morning for me

although to be fair, it's almost saturday afternoon for me already. i woke up early, then fell back asleep, where i dreamt of work and the pretty boy i work with. (he is really very pretty, with dimples and long eyelashes and pressed slacks.) not in a sexy way, i was just dreaming of working and all the while thinking, "i'm not at work! this is my day off! unfair!" at 9 i finally got up.

i haven't been super lazy today, regardless of the sleeping in and having just gotten out of the shower. i got up, painted a little kraken picture, had a cup of tea, received a mystery phone call (the same unknown number keeps calling and i keep not answering because i don't know who it is and i'm an asshole) wrote my nephew a letter and burned him a cd, listened to this weeks episode of this american life, and thoroughly conditioned my hair. next on my list is a trip to the library, the post office, and maybe the grocery store. i want to wear my new shoes real bad, but they have not been waterproofed yet, and we did get a bit of snow last night. they are too cute to ruin with snow and magnesium chloride. i love saying "magnesium chloride." in fact, i love all the trappings of winter weather; the scarves and ice scrapers and boots, because they are all new to me.

okay, now i'm off to get stuff done.

1 comment:

dm said...

when I don't answer a number I don't know, I always think to myself - "if it's important they'll leave a message anyway."