Thursday, April 06, 2006

all i do is watch movies

it's true. maybe that's why lately i'm getting nothing else done. it took me a month to get detective benson done, for crying out loud.

but! i've seen some good things. tonight was fast food fast women. it was sort of absurd, but very sweet and i liked it a lot. the lead character made me sort of crazy because she was so thin i kept thinking of the sandwiches i wanted to feed her, but she was very sweet. i know i used the word "sweet" twice already, but it was just that. it made me want to visit new york soon, and have a cup of coffee and a cigarette, and made me feel like 28 isn't as horribly old as i think it is sometimes. did i mention it was very sweet? it reminded me of trust, which is one of my favorite films. i think it might be because i like ridiculous romantic comedies. because really? dating is retarded, the whole falling in love thing is preposterous, and i hate when it's over romanticized. i prefer affection in small, unexpected ways. this movie was also small and unexpected. i would watch it again.

but now! time for the magic pill and bed. oh, how i miss magic bed sans the pill. it's just not the same, you know? soon it will all go back to normal, i know. i complain because i love sleep, and it's frustrating to have the one thing i used to be able to take with me anywhere, anytime, taken away from me. it was my super-hero power and now it's gone. i keep telling myself that this can't last forever, and maybe it's all the sun i'm not used to and the mole inside me is just confused, but i honestly don't know. there's another part of me that thinks this is the first step in the slow slide in the i'm-becoming-my-mother hill.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm telling you, we were separated at birth. Trust is one of my all time favorite movies, too!