Tuesday, April 18, 2006

i am in a really bad mood

i don't know why exactly, but i felt fussy and frowny all day long, which always makes me feel awful because i don't want anyone at work to think i'm mad at them. plus, i'm always worried if i have an "off" day they'll decide i'm horrible with customers and need to be sent home. like forever. the idea of that both thrills me and makes me want to cry. i like my job, but sometimes i don't love the customers, and i'm getting better at dealing with them every day, but i still have days. like today. there's nothing i can do about it now, though, so i'm going to make myself a nice cup of tea and maybe have a vitamin* and call it good.

i have this theory that law & order triggers the same response in my brain as knitting, because if i put it on i knit like a fiend. like lightening! there is something about law & order that makes me not just want to knit, but i actually knit a bit better and faster. it's my knitting steriods, i guess. i haven't done hardly any embroidery this week, which is dumb because i have one little part of a project to finish to put in the mail, and some stuff i need to work on to send to a store. must get motivated! but i want to make stripey socks!

*dude, if tom cruise says vitamins can cure what ails you, who am i to argue? vitamins it is! xenu commands it!

2 comments:

Emma said...

Sorry your day's not been that great. I thought your post about L&O was hilarious though. I'll have to start paying attention to my own knitting/television viewing to see what program is my knitting steroid.

Anonymous said...

Ahhhh. I thought your blog might be the only place to escape the Tom Cruise media hootenanny that's going on today. I can't run. I can't hide. I can't stop him. I can't even hope to contain him.
Maybe there is somethig to this scientology thing afterall.