Monday, April 24, 2006

my pores are so big you can drive a truck into them

i took approximately one million photos to get these three, and every single one i looked at made me wish i had smaller pores. the pores on my nose look insane. my skin has been so bad lately, and while it's getting better, it's still not great and that makes me want to kill myself. it would be different if i could cover my skin up with make-up, but that only makes it worse and as much as i hate my skin now, i would hate it ten thousand times more if it got any worse. i'm trying some new skin-care regiment that's one step below going to a department store and shelling out big bucks, which is helping contain the outbreaks but is also making my skin feel tight and shiny. i can't think of anything that should feel that way, but it seems to be working so i'm going to give it a few more weeks. this was quite possibly the most self-absorbed-jackass paragraph i've ever written. go me!
i feel all sorts of self-conscious today, though, so i doubt any photo i took of myself would make me happy. i wore all the wrong underwear today; underpants that kept going where underpants shouldn't and a bra that kept pinching me. it's one thing to put on one undergarment with an attitude, but two? too much. but my new glasses? they are very cute, and they do make me happy. although taken together, they might not look so very different to you. you might be looking at them thinking, "good going einstein, two pairs of the same glasses in different colors." to which i would say, "look again, jerkface! they are similar and yet still different." no, i take that back. i would never call you a jerkface.
these black and pink ones were the ones i struggled with the most. i mean, they are indeed pink back there, and i try to shy away from black frames (especially thick ones) because with my dark eyebrows* and hair i can get to looking pretty severe. like here. i actually didn't even know what i looked like in them until today, because you know, without my glasses on i can't see and i had to get real close to the mirror to even see them and then i couldn't see how they looked on the rest of my face too well. when i put them on at the eye doctor's today i was relieved to see they looked as cute as i thought they might, and i was glad i bought a pair outside my comfort zone. the brown ones are fairly similar to the ones i wear a lot now, but they're smaller and have this cute little overlay on top that makes me sort of cat-eye shaped without being too obvious.

the prescription is new though, and right now, my eyes are a little hurty and my head is too. i got a lot of work done on my purple scarf tonight at my knitting group, tonight i think i might try to work harder on the munch stencil and go to bed early. maybe tomorrow i'll have better luck picking out underwear that doesn't try to strangle me, and i'll write a post a little les me! me! me!

*i feel like all i talk about lately are my eyebrows and how damn they're big but i like them and can't honestly imagine myself taking them down to thin lines. i already feel oppressed by the tyranny of the two eyebrows (some of us only grow one and keeping it split in two is hard work. it's like dividing a country that wants to be together, or separating conjoined twins who really enjoy each other's company.), and how much more work can people possibly expect me to do? fuck, i already have enough to pluck, no more please!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're right to leave your eyebrows be. They're perfect, plus plucking is evil and severity can come in handy sometimes.

Also, damn you for making me want new glasses when I'd just talked myself into making do for another couple of months.

Anne said...

I like them, especially the pink ones.