Tuesday, April 04, 2006

go ahead, make my day

people love to yell at me. of course, peopel really love to yell at anyone who works at a cell phone store. honestly, i don't even like cell phones. i don't enjoy dealing with my cell phone carrier (which is, oddly enough, not the one i work for), so i can understand a reasonable amount of consternation. but coming in and yelling at me for your account being "hotlined," which means shut off, because you didn't feel like paying your bill is never going to work. you can yell and puff out your cheeks and tell me how awful i am, how i'm screwing you over, but i will not, cannot, do anything about it. yelling won't get you any sympathy.

i have two days off. for the next two weeks my schedule is all over the place, so i think it's safe to say my days of predictability are over. it's all aboard the pain train from here on out.

also! today the new flaming lips came out, and later this summer they are playing with ween at red rocks. i'm buying a ticket! ween + the flaming lips = a very happy me. although i was very sad when i came into work all excited about the news and my co-workers gave me a blank look. "who?" yeah, i'm pretty sure none of them will be going with me.

3 comments:

Anne said...

HOw have they never heard of the Flaming Lips? and what about Ween? They're all over the radio right now! Dorks!

Anonymous said...

It's clearly not the customers' fault that they can't get their act together. You must have tricked them into forgetting to pay their bills somehow.

Anonymous said...

Oh, the pubic, I mean, PUBLIC --- I don't know how you deal with working with them. The nasties so out-weigh the not-nasties. It just gives me a really negative feeling toward humanity in general. I dealt with the "public" once, when I worked for Family Planning at the Pierce Co. Health Dept. Even though I strongly believed in family planning, it would so irk me when women would come in with their SIX CHILDREN under the age of six, and expect us in the office to (wink/nod) keep an eye on them while she had her ass peered at. I got to the point where I wished they'd just do involuntary tubals. Bad. ~Tonya