Wednesday, April 05, 2006

boring technical update

i've decided to try to get a ticket to the ween/flaming lips show the old fashioned way: craigslist. there were a few posts there with people trying to sell tickets for ridiculous prices (um, the original price was $40.50, i'm not going to spend over $100), so i just put a little note up there using the sympathy card. i basically admitted that i had no idea how fast they would sell out, and pointed out that i'm new and need some help. i only need one ticket, so maybe someone's got one right now that they can't use. i can only hope!

i bought the new flaming lips album today. it reminds me of yoshimi, in a good way. i've only listened once, so i can't really give you any sort of useful review. while out i also bought some new blank cd's so i can back up my photos. lately i'm paranoid about losing data, and i was in a spring cleaning mood. i came home, copies some files and even vaccuumed my room! not all of it, though. there's this part of my room between the bed and the closet that is wrecked. it's this no-man's land of magazines, papers, yarn, random things that i have hard time catagorizing and putting away. if you know me at all, you know i'm a bit of a slob. this part of my room is like a weird hole that i have a hard time controlling. either that, or i'm just supremely lazy. i prefer to blame the universe.

it was crazy beautiful out today, too. for a while there was a threat of rain and dark clouds came storming in and stood around for a while before moving on. i washed the car, and got to wear a skirt with no tights today. it felt like spring. oh wait, i think it is spring. it's lovely.

i'm going to go poke through my library finds right now and put away some clothes. or watch tv. i sort of like the show bones, but i think that might be because i love angel and i'm glad he's working.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I so hope someone comes through for you. I've never gotten to see the Flaming Lips, but I want you to see them for me. (My copy of the new disc should be coming in the mail today.)