Saturday, April 01, 2006

april fools!

on april fool's day i'm always tempted to call my folks and tell them i'm knocked up. then i realize that would become a lot less funny when mom fell to the ground clutching her chest and having a heart attack. i don't think they'd take the whole "unwed mother" thing very well.

work today was crazy-insane. i'm learning so much that i'm dreaming about work when i'm not there, and basically all control i used to have over my thoughts is gone. i cannot shut my brain off, worried i'm mising something or won't remember something else. i feel totally inept, and spend the part of my days not working furrowing my brow wishing i knew what the fuck was going on. when i don't know exactly what's going on or exactly how to handle a situation, i get all sorts of frustrated. i know that learning takes time, but dammit! i just want to know! everything! right now!

i haven't finished my benson towel yet, and that bugs me too. i'm working on it tonight and she will be completed. i'm going to go have a nice beer now, work on benson, and try very hard no to think about calling plans and customer codes.

p.s.


she's done! wrinkled, and still pink from the transfer pencil, but complete. one last night in the house alone, maybe one more long bath in the tub that isn't mine. then time to do the dishes i've been avoiding and pack up the sewing machine and bring it back downstairs. back to life with roommates.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

She is gorgeous :)

I'm always scared to do any April Fool's jokes because I can be really good at tricking people - and then I will have to face retaliation - and I hate retaliation!