Friday, April 21, 2006

friday!


throw your hands in the air, and wave them like you just don't care! it sounds ridiculous, but i'm super-ultra-mega excited about having my first day off in five. there's something about usually working a few days on, and then getting a random day off, that makes a five day week seem inordinately long. on my way home i stopped by the liquor store to pick up a gift for my roommate's birthday (seriously. i could think of nothing better to get him than spiced rum. i am a loser.) and thought i should get something nice for me too. i've been so curious about the coppola vineyard's sparkling wine, sofia, that i decided to try it out.

dear diary, i love sparkling wines. especially on hot days when there's all this sun and i'm in the mood for something light and pretty. sofia isn't the most amazing sparkling wine i've ever had, but it is delicious and anything i can do to be more like sofia i'll take. it's true, i'm not cool enough to pretend i don't adore her; she made lost in translation after all, and say what you will about godfather III, but i love her. what always amazes me about her is how beautiful she is and isn't at the same time. that's the quality that drives most of my affection, the ability to be both not attractive and totally attractive at the same time. marky mark, for instance. he's sort of monkey-faced and yet i'd sell my mother for three minutes of bliss with him. plus, she makes such pretty movies, and she got bill murray to sing more than this which made me cry the first time i saw it*. i'm not saying that sofia isn't pretty, she is, but she isn't a lollipop girl and i love that she does more than just buy expensive handbags.

i also have the night alone in the apartment and i might order a pizza. this pleases me in a way i used to reserve for nights out or good dates, which makes me worry that i'm becoming a crazy cat lady, but whatever. if you lived closer i'd make you go out for drinks, and until i meet kids that like to go out this will have to do.

*i might have had pms, and i might not have. you'll never get to me to tell.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hear ya on the five days in a row thing.