Saturday, April 22, 2006

ouch

i don't think i should actually be allowed to watch more than four hours of the godfather in a row. as much as i love the corleone's, i get all frowny after watching too much mob drama. frowny leads to headache-y and then! i realize i've wasted a huge chunk of my one day off watching mobsters kill each other and kvetch about the family and i always get so sad when michael tells fredo, "you broke my heart," and i know everyone hates the godfather III but i cry when mary dies every time.

my glasses weren't done today (they weren't sure if they would be or not) so no photos for you tonight. i can say that my new frames are ultra-cute, one pair being a very sensible daily choice and the other are more "let's go out!" glasses. one word for you about them: pink. don't laugh, wait until you see them! these new glasses will bring the total count to four regular pairs of glasses, and one pair of sunglasses. when you wear them every day, you get sort of sick of looking the same. also, i've noticed that hardly any optical stores actually have people there who wear glasses. it's weird to talk so someone about frames when they don't even wear them.

i had a million things i wanted to do today before being sidetracked by the corleone's, and other than the glasses the only thing i got done was buying a boat-load of sunscreen. the one thing anne told me about living someplace at a high altitude and with so much sun was use sunscreen. i don't want to be wrinkly before i have to be, and i'm not a huge fan of cancer, so i did some stocking up. i bought a sunscreen for my face, a sunscreen for the rest of me, and a sunscreen stick so i can carry it in my purse without risk of it spilling it all over everything. i am now officially ready for the sun.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooh, new glasses! Can't wait to see 'em. As for your mobster marathon...I could use something similar at the moment. I drank coffee WAY too late in the day (big no-no for me), and mixed that with sudafed. I'm going to be up all night. Even so, I skipped the Geek Prom after-parties. Maybe I'll watch Office Space. Again.

Anonymous said...

One more pair and you'll catch up with me! I have five! pairs that I rotate through...just depends on what mood I'm in on any particular day. My faves...the wild purple frames. :)